Everyday Minerals Foundation Samples

Sunday 20 April 2008

(photo of a mixture of shades I bought in 4 different forumlas)

This is a very late review...........being an amateur at makeup, I ended up ordering a lot of minerals samples as I didn't know what tone I was and mainly because Everyday Minerals have very very bad swatches on their website. There were lots of talks about EDM being good and a cheap alternative to Bare Escentuals. Samples are free but you have to pay for shipping which works out about £2.50 and your only limited to 1 sample kit per an order. In the sample kit, you will get 3 foundations shades in any formula, concealer and a blush. Their samples are very generous so it isn't too bad at £2.50 for shipping. With edm samples, they now have sifters inside them to stop the powders falling out but sometimes when they don't put the sifters on tighly, you would still get some powders come out of it's packaging. Anyways as I didn't have a clue what skintone I was I kind of ordered a lot of samples as I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for each packaging to arrive and then to find out that I need to reorder again because the shades wasn't right. I also didn't want to send or post my images online for strangers to advise me with which shade I should try as I'm quite a paranoid person and also still camera shy. :D But for those brave people who don't mind, you could always email edm customer services or post up your picture on the edm forum.

As you could see from the images, edm have very very bad swatches on their website so unless you want to end up with the wrong shades, don't get samples according to what you see on their site. Also the way they have categorised shades into Warm, golden, cool, beige, buff or olive is really all over the place. One would think their swatches are roughly around the same colours and ranged from light to dark but that isn't really the case. It's a shame as it's very frustrating having to reorder samples again and again. Well they are coming out with a new site soon so hopefully they will get their swatches right this time round.

As I have said before, I ordered alot of samples in different shades and formulas. And yup shades does changes slightly with each formula. My camera isn't too good at catching certain colours so the shades will differ slightly.

Swatches on a piece of white A4 Paper. I mixed the mineral with a little water--->





0 comments: