I finally ordered full sized MMU :D

Saturday 26 April 2008


I bought a full size Abyssinian and Primer for combination skin during the Easter hunt sale on Meow Cosmetic's webpage. I also got some more samples to test and wanted to test their undereye concealer too. At the moment I have dry skin but usually in the summer time, it's combination so this will come in handy for summer as opposed to applying silicone based primers. I love the way it feels so smooth after applying it on my skin and is a great canvas prior to applying mineral makeup. Silk powders could also be used as primers too but I really like this one as it doesn't give me a white cast and its incredibly smooth.

I bought a munchkin size naughty Abyssinian which is 8g, about the same size as edm full size foundation. It's a bit more expensive than edm. As Meow have 3 different formulas, the prices are not the same and cost more as you go up. I like their Flawless feline foundation but it does cost $15 on it's own whilst edm, when you buy in a kit, it works out about $5 :D I really like the finish and it doesn't make me look cakey as compared to edm intensive formula. I have dry skin so when I buff mineral makeup into my skin, it irriates it and I get dry patches. With Meow Cosmetics mineral I only need to buff it in a little and it's also looks and feel a bit creamy. I'm still waiting for their next sale to get the Fierce Abysinnian so that I can mix the two together for when I tan during the summer.

So I finally bought edm full size minerals. I got the custom kit which cost about £16 for 6 items. Shipping was about £8 and all this stuff came up to about £18 without shipping. Not bad considering if you bought elsewhere you'll probably be paying more.

I bought winged butter in original glow and intensive. I actually prefer original glow when my skin looks good. It give a really healthy glowly look but the downside is that its very sheer so I only get to use it when my skin looks good. Original glow actually looks darker than the intensive formula. It's a really nice formula to wear for summer and I find that it goes well with my dry skin aswell. I also got samples sizes of Golden medium in different formulas so that I could use during summer.

Edm biggest bowl is about the size of a cereal bowl. It's slightly bigger than those Chinese bowls we have at dinner. They're really worth the money, its only £2! I use it to swirl my minerals in it and I hardly use all of them. The downside is that they have the cup size imprinted at the bottom of each bowls meaning when you swirl your brushes into it, it doesn't pick up all the minerals and sometimes gets caught at the bottom.

When I ordered my full sizes mmu from edm, I was suppose to get sample sizes of their blushes but somehow it got missed out in my package :( Anyways I contacted their customer service and they sent me these 2 blushes straight away and it arrived very fast. Thumbs up for their Customer service! They reply very fast to my emails, usually within 3 hours. Really spot on service. I haven't tried their summer stroll blush but I really like their walkee talkee blush which was suppose to be similar to their siesta blush. It's got this shimmery pinky finish to it. It looks dark in the jar but when you apply it, it really pretty.


L-R Flat top brush, long handle kabuki brush

There's loads of raves about the new edm brushes so I thought I really had to get my hands on them. I'm still waiting for the angled brush as it's out of stock at the moment. Their brushes are unbelievably soft. It so soft that you can hardly feel it brushing across your face. These brushes are not that dense as compared to Lumiere's long hand kabuki brush which isn't really a downside for me as I find Lumiere's brushes to be too dense that it doesn't allow you to brush minerals in your face more freely. I actually have trouble using Lumiere's long handle kabuki brush as its too stiff and when I buff my skin, it feels like I'm exfoliating my face and it does makes my face shed skin. edm brushes on the other hand are not as dense or firm which is a good thing. The sizes of the brushes are really cute and could be easily packed to go on holiday with.

0 comments: